San Francisco is family-friendly and there a lot of fun things for you to explore in big-family style.
1. The recently openened Exploratorium on the waterfron offers interactive science exhibits.
2. The California Academy of Sciences is the only museum globally which houses an aquarium, planetarium and natural history muesum all under one (living) roof.
3. You can as well dive into the Aquarium of teh Bay on Fisherman's Wharf: stroll through two tunnels where 20,000 aquatic animals swim above, visit the new river otter exhibit and pet baby leopard sharks.
4. Fisherman's Wharf is touristy, but you can't visit San Francisco without stopping by at the Pier 39 and its playful sea lions - this is a must!
5. If your kids need to get rid of some energy visit the House of Air, a trampoline park in the Presidio
6. or stroll through the San Francisco Zoo.
7. If you want to go on quite an adventure with your kids, I would recommend to go and explore bustling Chinatown. You can stop by at the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory which is easy-overlooked as it is nestled into a small side street.
8. If you are in the city by car you have to drive down crookey Lombard Street, the "crookedest" street in the world.
9. Afterwards you can let the former prison inmates guide you on a audio tour of the infamous Alcatraz Island.
10. And once you are back from the island you can finish up the afternoon with some ice cream at hte Ghiradelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop - your kids will thank it.