Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Dear San Francisco-Friends,
What you need to know when living in San Francisco?
Actually – I had a love hate relationship with San Francisco in the beginning (now I love it – most of the times). The city is special in various aspects – and now I laugh about most of those crazy little secrets ...
So, let me tell you when you know that you finally arrived in San Francisco:
- When someone says TENDERLOIN - you don't think steak. You think danger.
- You make well over $100,000 and you still can't find a nice place to live.
- You think anyone who drives a car to work is decadent.
- You keep a list of companies to boycott.
- You would never dream of crossing a picket line.
- You take the bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.
- You realize there are far more Rainbow flags in the city than California State Flags.
- The guy who cuts your hair is straight, and your plumber is gay,
- The woman who delivers your mail is straight and your Mary Kay Lady is gay.
- Old friends you haven't talked to in years suddenly call and ask do you have a spare bedroom for a weekend?
- You think anyone wearing a George Clooney haircut is visiting from the Midwest.
- You can't remember...Is pot still illegal?
- You go to your office manager's baby shower - the parent's are named Judy and Becky.
- You give a "thumbs up" gesture to a car with a FREE TIBET bumper sticker-and you mean it.
- You have a very strong opinion where your coffee beans are grown, and are willing to fight about it.
- A really great parking spot can move you to tears.
- You prefer the Spanish Soaps on TV - the guys are much hotter!
- You know that anyone wearing shorts in June is just visiting from Ohio.
- A man walks on MUNI in full leather regalia and crotch less chaps. You don't notice.
- You still can't believe a company doesn't offer domestic partner benefits.
- You curse those damn tourists -but always stop to help a cute guy or gal who is looking puzzled at a city map.
- When you drive under an underpass - for one moment you think "earthquake".
- Your boss runs in "The Bay to Breakers" ... it's the first time you have seen him nude.
- Your child's 3rd grade teacher has a nose ring and is named "Breeze".
- You haven't been to Fisherman's Wharf since the first month you moved to the bay.
- You are thinking of taking an adult ed class - but you can't decide between a Yoga, Channeling or Building Your Web Site class.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
How is it possible to not like San Francisco?
if you can get those views while strolling through San Francisco :
"How to love San Francisco" is currently been translated - I will soon publish the first chapter for you on this blog!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)